CHILLIWACK – New Democrat MLA Kelli Paddon is personally funding three scholarships, each in the amount of $500 for students who have demonstrated a commitment to equity and social change.
“Scholarships and bursaries are investments in our community’s future,” said Paddon, MLA for Chilliwack-Kent. “I’m so thankful for the support I received from this community when I pursued post-secondary education and that’s why I’m personally funding these three scholarships so young people in Chilliwack can pursue those same opportunities. I can’t wait to see where our students’ dreams take them and how they in turn give back to our community.”
The successful scholar will be a student who displays citizenship in and out of the school setting, a student who has integrity and empathy, a student who is passionate about making the world a better place by working toward equality for all.
Details for the three Equity & Social Change Scholarships, each for $500 are as follows:
- Internal Scholarship GW Graham
- Applications can be made through the school webpage and selection will be finalized by the school
- Internal Scholarship Agassiz Elementary Secondary
- Applications can be made through the school and selection will be finalized by the school
- Chilliwack-Kent Resident Students
- Any school can recommend one student residing in Chilliwack-Kent for consideration by contacting the Constituency Office by April 30 2020. Final selection will be made by the Constituency Office team.
MLA Paddon says students pursing a wide range of subject matters are encouraged to apply and she looks forward to congratulating the recipients.
Schools serving students residing in the Chilliwack-Kent constituency requiring further information, please contact MLA Paddon’s constituency office:
Phone number: 604 858 5299
Recipients must be a resident of Chilliwack-Kent at time of graduation. Students can determine whether they meet criteria by using the following tools:
- The boundary map can be found here: https://elections.bc.ca/docs/map/redis17/ED/CHK_ED.pdf
- Confirm residency in Chilliwack-Kent through postal code here: https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/members
To download MLA Paddon’s headshot go to: https://bcndpcaucus.ca/mla/kelli-paddon/