Boundary Similkameen – New Democrat MLA Roly Russell says that people who receive services from local non-profits will benefit from funding to improve community health, accessibility and well-being.
Our region is full of dedicated people who work hard to make a difference in the lives of their neighbours, and we know how critical these organizations are for social support in our communities,” said MLA Roly Russell, MLA for Boundary-Similkameen. “These grants will help our local non-profits to continue their important work, so they can be there for those who need them.”
This year, 10 organizations in the Boundary-Similkameen received over $230,000 in funding through the human and social services stream of the Community Gaming Grants program. Recipients include:
- Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre Society- $48,000
- Whispers of Hope Benevolence Association- $65,000
- Lower Similkameen Community Services Society- $21,900
This year, the New Democrat government will distribute more than $61 million in grants to 1,364 human and social services organizations around B.C. This funding means people can continue access to services such as food banks, children and youth programs, mental health supports, and other services that enhance health and wellbeing.
- Community Gaming Grants provides around $140 million annually to approximately 5,000 not-for-profit organizations that deliver services to people throughout the province.
- In addition to human and social services, the grants fund arts, culture and sport, public safety and environmental conservation, as well as parent and district parent advisory councils in B.C. schools.
For more information on Community Gaming Grants, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/gambling-fundraising/gaminggrants/community-gaming-grants
Community Gaming Grants for Boundary-Similkameen:
|Boundary Community Food Bank||$21,000|
|Boundary Women’s Coalition||$39,500|
|Sunshine Valley Child Care Society||$25,000|
|Whispers of Hope Benevolence Association||$65,000|
|Greenwood and District Public Library Association||$7,000|
|Lower Similkameen Community Services Society||$21,900|
|Okanagan Falls Lions Club||$2,000|
|Civilian Sponsoring Committee for 232 Bighorn Squadron R.C.A.C.||$2,700|
|Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre Society||$48,000|
|Desert Valley Hospice Society||$6,500|