New jobs numbers today show that 18 months after John Horgan was sworn in, BC’s economy leads the country:
- Jobs: 43,700 new jobs in the past year, the vast majority full time.
- GDP: 2.4% growth expected for 2019 – leading growth projection in Canada.
- Unemployment: 4.4% – the lowest in Canada for the 16th month in a row.
- Wage growth: wages continue to grow for BC workers.
- Investing in people: BC’s debt-to-GDP ratio is at its lowest point since 2008, while the BC NDP government continues to make record-level capital investments in affordable housing, schools and hospitals.
StatsCan’s December Labour Force Survey is available here.