On the first anniversary of Premier Horgan’s swearing in, key economic indicators show that B.C.’s economy is leading the country and has started working better for people:
- Wage growth: up 6.1% over the past year – the highest in Canada
- GDP growth: 2.4% growth forecast for 2018 – leading growth projection in Canada
- Unemployment: 5.2% – the lowest in Canada
- Exports year-to-date: up $69.4 million year over year
- BC is the only province with a triple-A credit rating from all international rating agencies
“Our government is delivering on our commitment to create good jobs for people in communities across British Columbia. Our historic investments in housing and childcare are helping attract major investments from global companies like Amazon. B.C. has the strongest economy in Canada and wages for people have finally started to grow after stagnating for too long under the B.C. Liberals.” – Bruce Ralston, Minister for Jobs, Trade, and Technology.